Minted sparkling peach Meyer lemonade, what a mouthful to say! But it’s so refreshing and delicious, make a pitcher today! You can certainly use regular lemons, I just love the floral note and sweetness of the Meyer.
Minted Sparkling Peach Meyer Lemonade
Simple syrup (yields ~1.5 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- few sprigs of mint
- long strips of lemon peels (from 1 lemon)
- 1.5 cups infused simple syrup
- 1.5 cups freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 4 cups sparkling water
- 2 nectarines or peaches, peeled and diced.
- To make the simple syrup: Combine water and sugar in a sauce pan, let it simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add in sprigs of mint and lemon peels. Let steep for 20-30 minutes. Strain the syrup and let cool.
- In a large pitcher, muddle the nectarine/peach until smooth. Add in ice, simple syrup, lemon juice, and sparkling water. Stir and adjust taste to your liking – Add more simple syrup or more lemon juice depending on how sweet or tart you like it.