The Dole Whip Float is on my must-eat list when visiting Disneyland (The Dole Whip stand is located next to the Enchanted Tiki Room in Disneyland.) I also had the pleasure of visiting the Dole Plantation in Oahu and of course stuffed myself silly with pineapples and Dole Whip there. A Dole Whip is basically pineapple soft-serve (now dairy-free), and a Dole whip float is the same soft-serve topped with pineapple juice. At the Dole Plantation, we also had the option to top the whole float with fresh pineapple chunks. It’s really a great way to cool down fast, so sweet, creamy, and icy cold!
I make my version of pineapple whip float at home, though still doesn’t taste the same as the real thing, but it’s pretty close. It’s a fairly healthy dessert – to keep it dairy free, all you need is three ingredients: Frozen pineapples chunks, coconut milk, and pineapple juice. You can certainly use heavy whipping cream or half and half if you want an extra bit of decadence. And yes, a powerful blender like Vitamix is pretty crucial.
Pineapple Whip Float
Makes 4 servings
- 16 oz frozen pineapple chunks (Cut up your own and freeze them, or I like using the 16-oz bag of frozen pineapples from Trader Joe’s.)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (Light or full fat, doesn’t matter)
- Pineapple Juice
- Add 16-oz of frozen pineapple chunks and coconut milk to blender. Blend until smooth. Use the tamper to help and scrape down the sides if needed.
- You can use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the pineapple whip into four glasses. -OR- To achieve the look of soft-serve: Scoop the pineapple whip into a piping bag (or ziploc bag), with or without a star piping tip, snip off the end and pipe to create the soft-serve swirled look into four glasses. Once piped into glasses, if the pineapple whip is too soft, put into freezer for 20 minutes. (If you leave them in the freezer for too long, the pineapple whip will turn rock hard)
- Top each whip with pineapple juice (and fresh pineapple chunks if you like).
2 thoughts on “Pineapple Whip Float [recipe]”
Your posts are beautiful, I love your blog! I just followed you, it would be great if we can support each other 🙂 I am so glad I got to discover you ❤
Thank you so much Arielle for your kind words! Your blog is gorgeous and I’m excited to follow!