Dear blog readers, I have not abandoned you! Now that summer is here, I will have lots of time to post about what I’ve been cooking. Speaking of summer, we are so excited to clean up the Weber to do some grilling as well as dining al fresco.
Grilled Pesto Shrimps
inspired and adapted from Closet Cooking
I used my usual pesto recipe, (which uses almonds instead of pine nuts, and grated pecorino instead of parmigiano), and added some lemon juice to it. Feel free to use your favorite pesto recipe, or even store-bought ones.
- 1 cup basil
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon (1/8 cup) almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons pecorino cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deviened
- Pulse the basil, garlic, nuts, cheese, oil, juice of 1/2 lemon, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Marinate the shrimp in the pesto for at least 20 minutes, up to overnight, in the fridge.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Squeeze the other half of the lemon over the grilled shrimps. Serve immediately.