Recently jams and preserves have been making appearances on restaurants’ cocktail menus, and I think it’s a great way to add sweetness and more concentrated fruit flavors to the drinks. Here’s something that I mixed and shook up after a very long work day and obviously it’s a work in progress, like how it can benefit from adding another dimension of flavor, such as basil or raspberry. But overall it was a nice and sweet drink to sip on and unwind.
- 2 oz. Vodka
- 1 teaspoon marmalade
- 1/2 oz lime juice (usually I use lemon, but limes were all I had)
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- 1/2 Tablespoon agave nectar
- Shake all the ingredients together with ice, strain into a martini glass.
- If the marmalade is too chunky, break it up first with the juice.
- I often use agave nectar in place of simple syrup. It is almost twice as sweet as simple syrup so use accordingly.