I love to serve a light and fruity cocktail alongside brunch, like red wine sangria or sparkling wine cocktail, packed with pieces of fruits that are in season. This sparkling strawberry and peach cocktail is a cross between mimosa and bellini, but it’s the fragrant and sweet strawberries that hit the home run. It’s perfect for the next brunch you are hosting, and it’s light enough for guests who are not big drinkers.
Sparkling Strawberry and Peach Cocktail
adapted from Martha Stewart
- 2 cups hulled strawberries
- 2 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 bottle chilled Prosecco or other dry sparkling wine
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 peach, sliced
- Mint sprigs
- In a blender, puree strawberries, peaches, and orange juice until smooth.
- In a large pitcher, combine fruit puree and 1 bottle chilled or other dry sparkling wine. Add in oranges and peach slices, serve garnished with mint sprigs.