Strawberries are everywhere right now! I can’t help but to buy a whole crate of these sweet and succulent berries every weekend at the farmers’ market. Last night I was craving pancakes for dinner, so I added some strawberry puree to the batter and had strawberry pancakes for dinner!
a gorgeous pink, no?
Ingredient (Yields ~8 pancakes)
1 cup flour
2 tbsp of granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1/2 cup strawberry puree (made from 1 cup of fresh strawberries)
1/2 – 3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp melted butter, more for cooking
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl: flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Lightly beat the egg in a separate bowl. Add in 1/2 cup of milk, strawberry puree, then melted butter. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, whisk to get all the lumps out. Add more milk if the batter is too dry and lumpy.
- Heat the griddle or skillet over medium heat, grease with a dab of butter then cook away. I like to use 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, or you can use two scoops of muffin/ice cream scoop per pancake.
- Serve with powder sugar and/or honey. Next time I’m adding in some bittersweet chocolate chips.
Here are a couple more recipes on strawberries from last year: